Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT requests and survival

soundarajan
Maker

Hi,

I've a doubt  ,

1). In Transaction Snapshots tab, i see some of the transactions are marked as Slow / Very slow . I want to know how App'D detect this as slow transactions because i didn't configure any threshold for this. 

How its automatically making this happen., Kindly refer screenshot.

2). Also when we configure Application .(.net agent), we configure BT custom rule and detecting imp. transactions, but after some 1 or 2 days it getting diluted and not showing up.

Any remedy for this pls.?

3). Is there any limitations on no. of IIS to configure in a single application., I've instrumented some close to 10 IIS in single application, but among that only 5 or 6 are showing up in dashboard.

Others are showing some below errors in the log like below

" Warn ConfigurationChannel Could not connect to the controller/invalid response from controller, cannot get initialization information, controller host

exception [System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (407) Proxy Authentication Required."

"cannot get initialization information, controller host [******************], port[443], exception [System.Exception: Connection back off limitation in effect

Error ConfigurationChannel Exception: Connection back off limitation in effect: "

Could someone please help on this, its big showstopper for us to deploy an application for client demo.

Regards,
Soundarajan

1 REPLY 1

Kartikay.Tripathi
AppDynamics Team

Hi Sundar, 

Please find below responses for your questions - 

1). In Transaction Snapshots tab, i see some of the transactions are marked as Slow / Very slow . I want to know how App'D detect this as slow transactions because i didn't configure any threshold for this. How its automatically making this happen.

ANS:  Please refer following document for better understanding  - https://docs.appdynamics.com/display/PRO44/Transaction+Thresholds#TransactionThresholds-Howisatransa...?

https://docs.appdynamics.com/display/PRO44/Transaction+Thresholds

2). Also when we configure Application .(.net agent), we configure BT custom rule and detecting imp. transactions, but after some 1 or 2 days it getting diluted and not showing up.

Any remedy for this pls.?

ANS: If the configured BTs have continuous load hitting them then you would always see them in BT list In case if you are not seeing them in BT list you could increase the time frame or under Filters options uncheck "Transactions with Performance Data" checkbox and it would start showing all the registered BTs. Out of the box BT list shows all the BTs which are reporting in selected time frame.

3). Is there any limitations on no. of IIS to configure in a single application., I've instrumented some close to 10 IIS in single application, but among that only 5 or 6 are showing up in dashboard.

Others are showing some below errors in the log like below

" Warn ConfigurationChannel Could not connect to the controller/invalid response from controller, cannot get initialization information, controller host

exception [System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (407) Proxy Authentication Required."

ANS: There is no such limitation. As you are getting (407) Proxy Authentication Required. error it means, there is presence of proxy on the server and to resolve this you can either add controller in the bypass list or add proxy details in agents config.xml as shown below  - 

<controller host="mycontroller.example.com">
  <application name="MyDotNetApplicaition" />
  <proxy host="myproxy.example.com" port="3128" enabled="true">
     <authentication enabled="true" user_name="MyProxyUser" password="password" domain="mydomain.com"/>
  </proxy>
</controller>

https://docs.appdynamics.com/display/PRO44/.NET+Agent+Configuration+Properties

Thanks,

Kartikay

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.