Is AppDynamics able to monitor MemSQL DB?
MemSQL is wire-compatible with MySQL.
MemSQL uses the MySQL jdbc libraries for connectivity.
AppDynamics database agent can monitor the MemSQL DB if configured like this:
1. Install database agent
2. Configure a collector using the following details: (refer memsql-collector.png) https://docs.appdynamics.com/display/PRO43/Configure+MySQL+Collectors
Database Type - MySQL
Host - MemSQL db host
Port - MemSQL db listener port
user name & password - should be entered
3. User permissions should be as mentioned in the document: https://docs.appdynamics.com/display/PRO43/Configure+MySQL+Collectors#ConfigureMySQLCollectors-permi...
4. Upon successful installation and configuration, the data will be reported as shown in the following screenshots.
Note the above is tested with following artifacts:
1. MemSQL Enterprise Trial version
2. Database agent 4.3.1.x
3. Controller version 4.3.3.x
______________________________________Was this helpful? Give it kudos [click on the thumbs up icon at the end of the article, bottom left corner] to let others know too!
Do you have a question or need clarification? [Post Your Comment] Below.