Java (Java Agent, Installation, JVM, and Controller Installation)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getter Chain

Highlighted
AppDynamics Team

Re: Getter Chain

Do you have a way to try these?

I think following should just work:

1. private bool SendBulkOrders(List<Order> orders) {}

DataCollector for method SendBulkOrders collecting Parameter 0.

Getter chain: [0].BucketId

(If you have a class which has a property type of List, then you would need to do something like "MyProperty.[0].BucketId")

2. private bool SendObject(Object sender) {}

Again,DataCollector for method SendObject collecting Parameter 0.

Getter chain: EmpId

Internally agent should be aware of the runtime type of the parameter, therefore I don't think you need to cast it in the getter chain.

Let me know if this doesn't work, I'll look up further.

Thanks,

-Alex

PS: If you leave the medhod body empty, .NET may optimize your method... in that case it is a good idea to add couple attributes like explained here: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/38632939/disable-compiler-optimisation-for-a-specific-function-o...

Highlighted

For .net property if i just use  ParamIndex_0.ClOrdID then value capture in Business transaction snapshot is showing just "[]" .. i sse data is collected but value [] does not make sense. Do i have to call toString()

Highlighted
AppDynamics Team

Can you attach some screenshots of configuration and what you see in snapshots?

I suspect if you see [...], that means that the method you instrumented might be called multiple times per transaction.

You don't need ToString(), agent does it internally anyway to serialized non-string types.

Highlighted

1. private bool SendBulkOrders(List<Order> orders) {}

DataCollector for method SendBulkOrders collecting Parameter 0.

Getter chain: [0].BucketId

(If you have a class which has a property type of List, then you would need to do something like "MyProperty.[0].BucketId")

Above example does not work. getting error: [CANNOT EVALUATE: Error getting data from specified method paramter]   .. i am using  Getter chain: [0].BucketId  which ultimately tranlated into ParamIndex_0.[0].BucketId