cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Server details are not available for the respective Applications

Srinath.S
Adventurer

Hi All,

Just curious about why in the Application dashboard I'm not able to see the server details (Azure VMs) where the application is hosted.

I have installed Machine Agents on those Servers, but I am still not able to see any details in them. But I can see the servers in the Servers tab in the top column of AppDynamics. Is there any configuration I've missed during the instrumentation or installation of Agents?

Any insights will be Helpful!

Thanks in Advance!!!

1 REPLY 1

Mario.Morelli
Architect

Hi Srinath

The reason this happens, especially in Cloud Environments, is that the machine agent running there will get a certain hostname back, which doesn't match the hostname being detected or set by the application agent.

You just have to look at what unique hostname the machine agent is returning, versus the unique hostname that the app agent is returning. They have to match for it to link and show the machine agent within the application dashboard. If it's not possible to auto detect, the easiest way is within the machine agent controller-info.xml or environment variable, set the unique host id to the exact same as the app agent host name value being returned by the app agent.

That will resolve it

Ciao

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Learn more about me in the Community Member Spotlight Q & A
On-Demand Webinar
Discover new Splunk integrations and AI innovations for Cisco AppDynamics.

Register Now!

Observe and Explore
Dive into our Community Blog for the Latest Insights and Updates!

Read the blog here