cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Machine Agent is not initializing

Yogesh.Joshi
Voyager

Machine agent is not starting. I downloaded the machine agent using AppDynamics login, which provided me with pre-configured setup for my account. When I try to run the Agent using java - Machineagent.jar, I only see below details. The agent is not initializing:

2023-11-20 11:27:49.417 Using Java Version [11.0.20] for Agent
2023-11-20 11:27:49.417 Using Agent Version [Machine Agent v23.10.0.3810 GA compatible with 4.4.1.0 Build Date 2023-10-30 07:13:09]

Earlier the agent was starting but was not reporting CPU, Disk and Memory metrics. It only showed the running process but no metrics data.

Please suggest

2 REPLIES 2

Ryan.Paredez
Community Manager

Hi @Yogesh.Joshi,

We have quite a bit of existing content on Machine Agent. A lot of it is here in the Community.

Here are the search results for "Machine Agent" in the Knowledge Base

AppD Docs: https://docs.appdynamics.com/appd/onprem/latest/en/infrastructure-visibility/machine-agent/administe...

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.

Rajesh.Ganapavarapu
AppDynamics Team

Hello @Yogesh.Joshi ,

I would encourage you to open a ticket with debug logs enabled so that one of our MA Support SMEs can help you further. It is hard to comment on the warning message here.

How do I submit a Support ticket? An FAQ 

If you do submit a ticket and hear back from Support, could you please share any learnings back here as a reply? 

Best Regards,
Rajesh Ganapavarapu