cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Machine Agent error "Could not find the main class: com.appdynamics.agent.sim.bootstrap.Bootstrap. Program will exit."

Lidiane.Wiesner
Voyager

Hello everyone,

I am using the Machine Agent without the bundle version 22.6 as indicated in past releases in docs. When I run java -jar machineagent.jar, I get the error:
Could not find the main class: com.appdynamics.agent.sim.bootstrap.Bootstrap. Program will exit.

I ran the command jar tf machineagent.jar | grep com/appdynamics/agent/sim/bootstrap/Bootstrap.class, and it shows up, so I don't understand what I'm doing wrong. Can you help me?

(doc: https://docs.appdynamics.com/appd/24.x/latest/en/product-and-release-announcements/past-releases/pas...)

3 REPLIES 3

Ryan.Paredez
Community Manager

Hello @Lidiane.Wiesner,

I did some digging around and I've seen people suggesting to make sure java is running on a supported environment. 
https://docs.appdynamics.com/appd/24.x/24.5/en/application-monitoring/install-app-server-agents/java...

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.

Terence.Chen
AppDynamics Team

What's the Java version on the host machine? I think it should be >= 1.8
Also, try providing the absolute path of java (i.e. >= 1.8) when starting the machine agent.

regards

Ryan.Paredez
Community Manager

Hello @Lidiane.Wiesner,

@Terence.Chen had some follow-up questions for you to help find a solution to your question? If this is still an issue, reply with that info to keep the conversation going. 

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.

June 26 Webinar
Discover new Splunk integrations and AI innovations for Cisco AppDynamics.

Register Now!

Observe and Explore
Dive into our Community Blog for the Latest Insights and Updates!

Read the blog here