cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting 401 unauthorized even after enabling SIM module in Appdynamics Container

Hi Team, 

I am trying to run appdynamics machine agent as a container to monitor the existing app containers. I have gone through the issue discussion and added this line in my environment file. 

APPDYNAMICS_SIM_ENABLED=true

But still I recieve the error log:

c8ebf9f96874==> [system-thread-0] 24 Jun 2022 13:04:05,719 DEBUG RegistrationTask - Encountered error during registration.
com.appdynamics.voltron.rest.client.NonRestException: Method: SimMachinesAgentService#registerMachine(SimMachineMinimalDto) - Result: 401 Unauthorized - content:

at com.appdynamics.voltron.rest.client.VoltronErrorDecoder.decode(VoltronErrorDecoder.java:62) ~[rest-client-1.1.0.187.jar:?]
at feign.SynchronousMethodHandler.executeAndDecode(SynchronousMethodHandler.java:156) ~[feign-core-10.7.4.jar:?]
at feign.SynchronousMethodHandler.invoke(SynchronousMethodHandler.java:80) ~[feign-core-10.7.4.jar:?]
at feign.ReflectiveFeign$FeignInvocationHandler.invoke(ReflectiveFeign.java:100) ~[feign-core-10.7.4.jar:?]
at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy113.registerMachine(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]
at com.appdynamics.agent.sim.registration.RegistrationTask.run(RegistrationTask.java:147) [machineagent.jar:Machine Agent v22.5.0-3361 GA compatible with 4.4.1.0 Build Date 2022-05-26 01:20:55]
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source) [?:?]
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(Unknown Source) [?:?]
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(Unknown Source) [?:?]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source) [?:?]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source) [?:?]"

Need solution on this. 

2 REPLIES 2

Ryan.Paredez
Community Manager

Hi @Christopher.Antonyraj,

Thanks for asking your question on the Community. I did some digging around and found these two AppD Doc pages. Please let me know if they help out at all.

https://docs.appdynamics.com/appd/22.x/latest/en/infrastructure-visibility/server-visibilityhttps://docs.appdynamics.com/appd/22.x/latest/en/infrastructure-visibility/monitor-containers-with-d...

If I find anything else, I'll share it with you here.

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.

Mondli.Mabaso
Producer

This took me a "minute" to figure this one out. Turns out that in my controller-info.xml, at host tag, I had included an unnecessary fwd slash.  That corrupted my whole rest api url resolution. Check if that is not the case with you. As a general rule, keep host-name clean, port clean, and ssl option clean.