cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PHP agent reuse node in docker

Ardi.Maryanto
Adventurer

Hello

i am try to deploy wordpress + PHP agent in Docker using dockerfile.

regarding this articel:

https://docs.appdynamics.com/appd/24.x/latest/en/application-monitoring/install-app-server-agents/ph...

i already config the appdynamics agent.in following the conformation that refer on that link.

this my dockerfile:

FROM wordpress:php7.4

# Install required dependencies
RUN apt-get update && apt-get install -y wget tar && \
apt-get clean && rm -rf /var/lib/apt/lists/*

# Copy phpinfo
COPY phpinfo.php /var/www/html

# Download and extract AppDynamics PHP Agent – use this to download agent from AppDynamics Download Portal
WORKDIR /var/www/html

# Copy downloaded AppDynamics PHP Agent - use this if the agent is already downloaded in the docker working dir
RUN mkdir -p /opt/appdynamics
COPY appdynamics-php-agent-linux_x64 /opt/appdynamics/

RUN chmod -R a+w /opt/appdynamics/

# Install AppDynamics PHP Agent
RUN cd /opt/appdynamics/appdynamics-php-agent-linux_x64/ && ./install.sh -s -a=abcde@abcde -e /usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20190902 -i /usr/local/etc/php/conf.d -p /usr/bin -v 7.4 abcde.saas.appdynamics.com 443 WordPress-Docker Bakcend-Tier Backend-Node

# Expose port 80
EXPOSE 80

my goal is my agent can use container name,hostname,hostid,prefix or what ever in automaticaly using reuseNode feature insted of manualy fill the Node name in every instalation PHP agent, can we do that?

because in Nodejs agent we can do that even my application running on Docker.

1 REPLY 1

Ryan.Paredez
Community Manager

Hello @Ardi.Maryanto,

It looks like the community was not able to jump in and help. Did you happen to find a solution yourself in the meantime?
If not, you can reach out to AppDynamics Support for help too. How do I submit a Support ticket? An FAQ 

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.