cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To Track particular Thread and Session

Saravana Perumal.V

There is a load test in the test environment. During the test, I noticed certain business transactions took a lot of time.

For ex: In a 1-hour load test, there will be nearly 15K transactions and 10 transactions took more time.

I need to analyze the flow of the problematic transactions. For ex: I have the Thread id and Session id of one of the particular transactions.

How do I track the flow using these details in AppDynamics?

Kindly help.

1 REPLY 1

Eric.Miller
Architect

If you have a baseline set and these slow transactions are beyond that threshold, then you should be able to see a call graph of the offending transactions. To do this, click on the "Applications" tab, and then click on the application with the slow response times. From there, on the left-hand side you can either expand out "Troubleshoot" and then click on errors and look for Transaction Snapshots with a "blue page icon", and double-click on it, and then drill down from there, or you can click on "Business Transacations", double-click on the transaction with the long times, and then click on "Slow transactions" or "Transaction Snapshots" and double-click on snapshots with the "blue page icon." If you go this last route, you should be able to double-click on a healthy one and a bad one to compare your call charts.

In the future, you can set a Policy to trigger when it goes beyond your baseline too, and get a direct deeplink to the offending transactions.

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.