cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Injecting adrum-config.js using Apache 2.4 and Substitute?

David.Shapiro
Builder

Hello,

I am trying to inject adrum-config.js into the pages using Apache and Substitute option.  

I used something like:

RequestHeader unset Accept-Encoding

<Location /confluence>
    Order deny,allow
    Allow from all
    AddOutputFilterByType SUBSTITUTE text/html
    Substitute "s|<head>|<head><script src='/appdyn/adrum/adrum-config.js'></script>|in"
</Location>

I see in developer tool that the line is added, but it keeps complaining:

Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token <

It seems unhappy that line one in the adrum-config.js beings with a less than sign (<) for its <script> tag.

Any ideas on what I am missing?  Am I using Substitute wrong?  Is there another option I am missing for Apache?  

3 REPLIES 3

Luis.Sánchez
Producer

Hi David,

May be a matter of gzip compressing the channel (or something else). I'm sharing my working config:

<Location /daytrader>
SetOutputFilter INFLATE;SUBSTITUTE;DEFLATE
AddOutputFilterByType SUBSTITUTE text/html
Substitute "s|<head.*>|<head$1><script>window['adrum-app-key'] = 'XX-YYY-ZZZ-AAA';window['adrum-start-time'] = new Date().getTime();</script><script src=\"/appdyn/adrum/adrum-config.js\"></script>|iq"
</Location>

Hope it helps, regards,

Luis

Hi,

I was able to get this working with Chrome, but for some reason ie11 does not work in Confluence if I put your lines in place.  I think it Is somehow related to caching.  To get IE11 working with confluence again, I had to comment out your lines and then clear cache in IE11 with the Preserve Favorites website data

Unchecked.  Otherwise, I keep seeing the substitute lines and it continues to not work.

I need some ideas on how to get this working then with IE11.

David

Please share:

• HTML source code of <head> tag without substitution
  • HTML source code after substitution

Thank you,

Luis