cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignoring multiple HTTP errors

Jon.Starling
New Poster

Hi folks, 

I have an issue where I wish to ignore ALL 403 and 401 HTTP errors for my application.

Originally we had 401 set in the Error detection section (Error Detection Using HTTP Return Codes) that was enabled, and I was able to add a 403 one, keep it disabled and then the following day my 403 errors were ignored, that worked.

Trawling through more errors I found that 401 errors are also not actual errors for us to I wanted to ignore both 401 and 403 - so I went back to the same error detection item and disabled 401 as well. So now I had them both set and disabled. However that didn't seem to work and I had both of them back again

I also tried to add in a 404 to keep enabled (incase it needed one there to be enabled), this didn't help as wells as combining the 401 and 403 into a single item using the range

Right now I am back to having 401, 403 and 404 separately with 401 and 403 being disabled and 404 being enabled (I do want to capture 404's)

I am quite new to this level of AppDynamics and wondered if someone could spot what I am doing wrong.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Ryan.Paredez
Community Manager

Hi @Jon.Starling,

Thanks for asking your question on the Community. I found this AppD Docs page that discusses this. Please let me know if it helps out.

https://docs.appdynamics.com/22.2/en/application-monitoring/configure-instrumentation/error-detectio...

Note: The documentation may need to be changed to reflect your current Controller version #. This can be done at the top right of the Docs page.

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.

I had looked at that and it didn't help, it was how I was able to resolve the initial 403s issue but when I now try to do 401 and 403 it doesn't work

Thanks

Hi @Jon.Starling,

Thanks for letting me know. I did some more digging around and I don't know exactly how you set up the error codes in Error Detection. Can you confirm if this works?

Noting the copy used  in the description. 

Xnip2022-02-14_08-42-45.jpg

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.