cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extension Data Not showing up in Metric Browser

Marc.Hofstetter

Hi all,

i am currently on a custom monitoring skirpt for my appd controller. Unfortunately the controller is giving me a error as you can see in the logs down below. The metrics arent displayed in the metric browser.

The output of the rs.sh skript is like this;

name=Custom Metrics|XXX|IRP|RequestsPerSecond, value=0

And the skript looks like this:

#!/bin/bash
reqpersec=$(cat /var/opt/logs/qos.log | sed '$!d' | tr -s ";" "\n" | sed -n 3p)
echo "name=Custom Metrics|XXX|IRP|RequestsPerSecond, value=${reqpersec}"

[Worker-6] 06 Mar 2019 08:56:01,552  INFO ExecTask - Initializing process builder with command list[3.0.1.5/monitors/qos/rs.sh]
[Worker-6] 06 Mar 2019 08:56:01,552  INFO ExecTask - Initializing process builder with enviornment variables {}
[Worker-6] 06 Mar 2019 08:56:01,553 DEBUG MonitorTaskRunner - No task.properties file found for task
[Worker-6] 06 Mar 2019 08:56:01,553 DEBUG MonitorTaskRunner - Task arguments found [{}]
[Worker-6] 06 Mar 2019 08:56:01,553  INFO ExecTask - Running Executable Command [[3.0.1.5/monitors/qos/rs.sh]]
[Worker-6] 06 Mar 2019 08:56:01,558 DEBUG ExecTask - Will wait for process exit , before sending execution status.
[Worker-6] 06 Mar 2019 08:56:01,572 DEBUG ExecTask - Process exited with code: 0
[Worker-6] 06 Mar 2019 08:56:01,572  INFO ExecTask - Forcing stop for Executable Command [[3.0.1.5/monitors/qos/rs.sh]]
[Worker-6] 06 Mar 2019 08:56:01,572  INFO MonitorStreamConsumer - Stopping monitored process

Does anyone know how i can fix this issue?

4 REPLIES 4

Riju.Chatterjee
Wanderer

Hello,

Sorry I do not have a solution to this, but I am also facing the same issue. In case this issue is solved, please provide the solution to this.

Best,

Riju Chatterjee

Hello,

Have you found a solution to this issue?

I am getting the same results...

Thank you!

Hi Andrei,

Please file a ticket with AppDynamics support by going to appdynamics.com/support for this issue as it requires some level of troubleshooting that cannot be done over here.

Thanks.

^ Edited by @Ryan.Paredez to remove the email address. Please follow the link to AppD Help page and look for the support portal option.

Hi all,

I also found this TKB Article: https://community.appdynamics.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-do-I-troubleshoot-missing-custom-metrics-or-...

If you happen to learn anything from it, please do share those learnings as a reply to this post. 

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.