cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not a customer? Start a free trial

Click the Start a free trial link to start a 15-day SaaS trial of our product and join our community as a trial user. If you are an existing customer do not start a free trial.

AppDynamics customers and established members should click the sign in button to authenticate.

Dynamic Languages (Node.JS, Python, PHP, C/C++, Webserver Agent)

configuration error: app name required

shubham.thakur
Explorer

Hello,

I have to setup appdynamic with ruby on rails, I have added gem "gem 'appdynamics' " in gemfile, also created appdynamics.yml file with following details:

app_name: "My app name"
tier_name: "ROR"
node_name: "test"
controller:
host: "test"
port: "test"
account: "test"
access_key: "some key"

Also Please Do Let Me know How Will I get  app_name, tier_name, node_name, controller, host, port, account, access_key.

I am getting this error:
1) WARN -- AppDynamics: Unable to start Instrumenter due to a configuration error: app name required
2) AppDynamics: [AppDynamics] [1.1.2] Running AppDynamics in development mode. No data will be reported until you deploy your app.

can anyone help me for this ???

Tags (2)
By replying you agree to the Terms and Conditions of the AppDynamics Community.
1 REPLY 1
Eric.Miller
Architect

Since you're using a config file (.yml) and not the env, make sure you're using the correct syntax, I don't think you use " in .yml. Also, I'm assuming in your code, you're actually passing a correct port, account and access key, and not just "test?"

Here's the documentation which may help: https://docs.appdynamics.com/display/RUBY/Install+the+Ruby+Agent

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.