cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

active users by region query

Amr.Elsayed
Creator

hello , 

I want to get active users count per region for my mobile application , I used the following query : 

select georegion,distinctcount(cguid) from mobile_snapshots
where (geocountry='xxx' and mobileappversion='xxxx' and appkey='xxxxx')

but it returned non-logic numbers , the returned number is not the same as the active users per region widget in the sessions tab 

I need to know the query of the active users per region widget in the session tab , in order to use it in dashboards so is the query that I used is wrong or I missed something

thanks
3 REPLIES 3

Mario.Morelli
Architect

Hi Amr

Within AppD inside the Mobile App records it used the "closed" field inside the mobile_session_records to determine if a session is active or not

To view the data in a graphical over time format you can use the below, can adjust the series time depending on the timeframe.

SELECT series(eventTimestamp, "120m"), georegion, count(*) AS "Active Sessions" FROM mobile_session_records WHERE closed = false

To view it as a single count in table format

SELECT georegion, count(*) AS "Active Sessions" FROM mobile_session_records WHERE closed = false

As it uses the field "closed" to check if a session is open or not, you will only ever see the current open sessions, and it won't show you a historical view of open sessions as you see in the Session Tab

If you want that type of view, you will need to create metrics that will store the "Active Sessions" data for you to show in the dashboard

Ciao

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Learn more about me in the Community Member Spotlight Q & A

hello Mario , 

Thanks a lot for your response , I really appreciate it 

but it is not the case , I don't want to get the count of active sessions . I want to get the unique count of application users not sessions .

I need to know how many users install and uses the application.

for example :

I have 100 k  sessions but I'm sure that users of my app are less than that as it only published for potential 20 k users , so I need to know how many users out of these 20 k uses the app 

this is provided in session tab in active users widget

thanks 

Mudassir.mir
Creator

Hello ,

you can use the below query to get the active unique users

SELECT distinctcount(agentID) FROM mobile_session_records

--

kind regards

Mudassir Mir