cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Policy Violation Events retention

alakshya.maheria
Discoverer

Hi,

I have a requirement for management to view past 1 year events for Business Transaction Response Time & Business Transaction Error.

I have built a custom dashboard for this. I have modified the default incidents.retention.period to 35 days. But I need the violation events for above 2 health rules
for the last 1 year.

What would be a good solution for this.

Can we increase the value of incidents.retention.period to 1 year
OR
Can we auto archive the policy violations events using custom actions (Couldnt find a reference to archiving event in Alert & Respond API)
OR
Create a Analytics Custom schema to store the occurrence of the policy violation and create a custom action to call the event service to make an entry when policy violation occurs.

Appreciate your help.

Regards,
Alakshya

1 REPLY 1

Yogesh.Chouk
AppDynamics Team

Hi Alakshya,

We see that you have raised a support ticket regarding the same issue and our engineer has recommended you not to change this setting because if you change it to 1 year your controller will be affected. Also ,you have mentioned  as the events are very rare and hence suggested to go with the 3rd Option.

Thanks,

Yogesh

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.