cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passing a command line argument while executing script through a remediation action

Shubham.Jain
Voyager

Hi,

I need to execute a script using AppDynamics. While executing the script, I need to pass a command line argument. Could you please let me know if this is possible? If yes, could you please let me know how to achieve this?

Like, in below example, I need to execute the script AppdDiagnosticDisk.sh passing the argument "/opt".

remediation.PNG

6 REPLIES 6

Eric.Miller
Architect

Yep, should be possible depending on what you're doing, this document may help: https://docs.appdynamics.com/display/PRO45/Remediation+Actions#RemediationActions-Configuration

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Hi,

I tried to pass a command line variable, the remediation action is failing with below error. Could you please suggest further.

remAction.PNG

I don't think its feasible to pass command command line argument in the remediation action. If AppDynamics team can share that it we would be more than happy to use this functionality. 

Juraj.Kutes
Producer

Second that. We have multiple use case scenario where passing custom command argument would greatly enhance the remediation action capability for us. Utilizing the ENV variables exported to the script are great, but not sufficient for us.
If this can be consider for upcoming releases of controller and machine agent, that'd be really great.

Hi @Juraj.Kutes,

Feel free to Search the Idea Exchange to see if this Idea already exists, if not, go ahead and submit this as a feature request within the Idea Exchange. 

The Idea Exchange can be found here.

I also recommend reading the  

Note: Idea Exchange is accessible to contractual customers (Trial/Lite users currently do not have access to the Idea Exchange at this time).  

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.

Juraj.Kutes
Producer

I just posted this as a new idea in the Idea Exchange.
So please vote for it.