cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controller 500 error

fwlasso
Builder

After a machine reboot, the controller is giving 500 error when I tried to open the controller UI. Restarting the controller doesn't solve the problem. Can someone help with this? I've attached the server log.

10 REPLIES 10

Yogesh.Chouk
AppDynamics Team

Hi,

Could you please go through the below KB and follow the steps mentioned.

https://community.appdynamics.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-to-resolve-inconsistent-module-state-while-s...

Please let us know if it helps.

Thanks,

Yogesh

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Hi Yogesh,

Thanks for your help! I followed the steps given in the link. Now it seems to be a different error from the server log (still 500 error for the controller UI). The log is attached.

It seems every time I reboot the machine and restart the controller, I'll get 500 error. Just wondering if there's any update on this? 

Hi,

A restart of the controller will take some time to load the UI. Did you wait for the controller to come up for 15-20 mins? Or you are not at all able to access the controller. If yes, Please share the complete zip of controller logs from /<Controller_Home>/logs folder.

Thanks,

Yogesh

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Thanks Yogesh. I'm not at all able to access the controller (waited for > an hour). Please find the attached logs.zip.

Hi,

From the attached server.log, we see that the license file is not speciefied. Could you please try to copy the license file and paste inside controller home folder. 

[#|2017-10-19T19:50:46.316-0700|SEVERE|glassfish 4.1|com.singularity.ee.controller.beans.ControllerLicenseChecker|_ThreadID=235;_ThreadName=__ejb-thread-pool13;_TimeMillis=1508467846316;_LevelValue=1000;|License file is not specified. Please drop the license file in the controller installation directory.
com.singularity.ee.controller.api.exceptions.LicenseException: License file is not specified. Please drop the license file in the controller installation directory.

Try restarting as suggested earlier and let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Yogesh

Hi Yogesh,

Thanks for following up on this! I double checked the license file is indeed present under controller home folder.

It seems this error message was probably produced at an earlier time, and at that time the license wasn't there. I droped the license into controller folder immediately after setting up things.

Somehow the server.log in logs.zip is not up-to-date. I've attached my most recent server.log. There are some "Could not read messages for timestamp" and other exceptions.

Hi,

As per the attached logs we still see the below error of date 2017-10-20. Can you please if these are the latest logs

Can you please try to execute the steps again as suggested here and let us know how it goes.

[#|2017-10-20T10:58:02.375-0700|SEVERE|glassfish 4.1|javax.enterprise.system.core|_ThreadID=34;_ThreadName=RunLevelControllerThread-1508522236091;_TimeMillis=1508522282375;_LevelValue=1000;_MessageID=NCLS-CORE-00026;|Exception during lifecycle processing
org.glassfish.deployment.common.DeploymentException: Error in linking security policy for controller -- Inconsistent Module State

If you still face any issues, please attach zip of all the latest controller logs.

Thanks,

Yogesh

Hi Yogesh,

This log was produced after trying out the steps in the link, as well as all other suggestions in the above replies. The problem wasn't solved. I then backuped the log.

I did a fresh reinstallation. After rebooting the machine, I ran into the same problem. Tried all suggestions above. Please see the attached logs.