cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Event schema design

atulkhorana
Creator

Event schema design

I need to create a custom schema. AppD documentation is not very extensive on how to create complex (nested) custom schemas. Or can only flat schemas be created in Appdynamics?

Where can I get documentaiton create event schema examples in AppDynamics?

For example if I have 2 possible breakdowns of error types (string,integer) or (string,integer,string) how should I organize in the json? Like an array of 2 possible solutions - error type 1 and error type 2? or all 5 items, or combine the 2 to have 3 items?

Event schema design
2 REPLIES 2
Mohammed.Rayan
AppDynamics Team

Re: Event schema design

Hi Atul,

I guess you are referencing to analytics here and if yes, you can use our analytics API to create it and  please take a look at the below docs for the same.

https://docs.appdynamics.com/display/PRO43/Analytics+Events+API#AnalyticsEventsAPI-create_schemaCrea...

Regards,

Mohammed Rayan

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.
atulkhorana
Creator

Re: Event schema design

Thanks for your reply with the documentation link. I have some further questions about this link.

"If the event data doesn't match an event schema, the Events Service makes a best effort attempt to match the data to the schema, and returns a 400 bad request if unsuccessful."

When publishing a custom schema using cURL are all fields required or can some be optional?

2. 'SELECT * FROM myProducts'.

Is the name in  query SELECT... FROM <name> the schema-name?

3. How can custom schema published data be queried using SELECT .. FROM transactions, or can we only use SELECT .. FROM <schema-name>? Basically is the transactions schema a global schema?

Thanks

- Atul