cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Analytics API showing error in postman

Hi,

I am trying to create a schema in Analytics using postman. But i am getting the below error.

Error: 

"Error provisioning account on any cluster"

I am following the steps as per the Docs :

POST http://analytics.api.example.com/events/schema/{schemaName} HTTP/1.1
X-Events-API-AccountName:<global_account_name>
X-Events-API-Key:<api_key>
Content-Type: application/vnd.appd.events+json;v=2
Accept: application/vnd.appd.events+json;v=2
{
   "schema" : {
      "account": "integer",
      "amount": "float",
      "product": "string"
   }
}

And we are using the Analytics API URL as below: as our controller is from North America region.

https://analytics.api.appdynamics.com 
5 REPLIES 5

Mario.Morelli
Architect

Hi There

The error you are getting is indicating that your controller is not in the Americas region. Please contact AppD support and let them clarify.

A quick way to check is to use the EMEA Frankfurt,London etc. analytics endpoints and check if the creation happens when you post to them:)

Ciao

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Learn more about me in the Community Member Spotlight Q & A

Hi Ciao,

I have tried to post with the frankfurt and apac analytics url. But we still see the same issue in creating the schema.

Regards,
Vijay.

Hi Vijay

We have only ever observed that error when you try and post to the wrong analytics endpoint

Here is a sample CURL request to create a schema(Please use Linux to run curl or adapt for windows curl),  you can use to test as well to see if you get the same error, It might be some small issue with the way you are posting it, I can't see any problem off hand from your POST Request

I just used the below to create a schema in Frankfurt Region

curl -X POST "https://<analytics url>/events/schema/TEST" -H "X-Events-API-AccountName:xxxxxxxxxxx" -H "X-Events-API-Key:xxxxxxxxxxx" -H "Content-type: application/vnd.appd.events+json;v=2" -d '{"schema" : { "AppName": "string", "TimerName": "string", "RequestType": "string", "RequestStatus": "string", "RequestID": "string", "Duration": "integer", "StartDateTime": "date", "EndDateTime": "date" } }'

Let me know the results

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Learn more about me in the Community Member Spotlight Q & A

Hi Ciao,

Greetings!
We have successfully created the event schema in Analytics. 

Thanks,
Ciao.

Ryan.Paredez
Community Manager

Hi @PepsiCo.TCSPEPAppD,

Did the above response from @Mario.Morelli help solve the issue or was it something you/your team did?

It's best to mark the actually reply that was the solution the solution. It seems like it might have been Marios last reply that helped. 

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.