AppDynamics University FAQs - Learning Activities and Sign Up
This article answers frequently asked questions about the different types of learning activities available in AppDynamics University, our e-learning platform, and how to sign up for them.
For answers to FAQs pertaining to the University registration process, subscriptions, and training units, click here.
- What are the different types of learning activities I can enroll in?
- How can I search for a course?
- I have a subscription. Where can I register for courses?
- How do I get private instructor-led training?
- How do I use training units?
- If I finish a course, can I take it again?
- What if I have more questions University courses and topics?
There are four types of learning activities you can enroll in:
- Instructor Led Courses: Learning activities led by a live instructor. This includes both classroom instructor-led training (ILT) and virtual training (VILT).
- Self-Paced Courses: These learning activities are taken online at your own pace and include video tutorials, demonstrations, and simulations. Courses contain a pre-defined group of topics to be taken in sequence.
- Tracks: Represent a series of recommended learning activities to support you in performing the duties associated with your role.
- Certification Exams: Provide formal recognition that you have demonstrated knowledge and proficiency to perform specific jobs or tasks related to AppDynamics.
To search for a course, first go to learn.appdynamics.com and log in to your subscription. Training is organized into role-based learning tracks which highlight the most important courses for your specific job: Implementer, Administrator, Performance Analyst, and Developer.
You can also search for individual courses using the free text field or filter the course catalog by training type, role, technology, product/feature, and activity.
Once you’ve registered for University following the steps outlined here, you can log in and access content at https://learn.appdynamics.com. Courses will be denoted with a Self Paced or Instructor-led label. Instructor-led courses are available with a Premium subscription.
- If you have a Standard University subscription, you can register for any self-paced course. To sign up for a self-paced course, simply click on the course name, select the Self Paced course option, then click Register.
- If you have a Premium University subscription, you have access to both self-paced and public instructor-led courses. To register for an instructor-led one, click on the course name, select the date and time, then click Register. Review the course details, then click the blue “Register” button in the top-right corner.
We offer private online instructor-led training for groups of up to 12 participants. If you would like to sign up for private instructor-led training, please contact your Account Manager.
Though no longer available for purchase, you can still redeem unspent training units. Please contact your Account Manager.
Yes. You can enroll in self-paced courses and topics as many times as you’d like. If you have an AppDynamics Premium University subscription, you can enroll in instructor-led courses as often as you need.
If you have any issues accessing the courses you need, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ryan, AppDynamics Community Manager