cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I’m new: What can I contribute to the Community?

Ryan.Paredez
Community Manager

How do I get comfortable with commenting and contributing to discussions? 

“I’m new to AppDynamics and don’t want to ask a beginners question”
“I don’t know enough about AppD to help others: should I still ask my own question?"

The AppDynamics Community is filled with all sorts of people, from all over the world, holding different roles, and with different levels of technical skill and experience with APM and AppDynamics. 

If one person is looking for information or wondering about a question or topic, it’s most likely that they aren’t the only one. Your engagement will contribute to the group’s discovery and learning. Once you ask — and only if you ask — your question has a chance of being answered.

What tips can I keep in mind when looking for information or help?

Start by searching | Getting ready to post | Helping others 

Start by searching

A search is the best beginning when you have a problem or question in mind. You may uncover a thread already underway in the Discussion forums, or an article in the Knowledge Base.

If you find a definitive post — like a solution or a useful conversation — you can still contribute by weighing in. Your perspective might be just what others need to consider.

Didn’t find what you were looking for? Go ahead and start the discussion. 

Getting ready to post

Now that you feel comfortable sharing in the community, we highly suggest you read the How do I create meaningful posts article.

Helping others in the community

This is a peer-to-peer community. If you find yourself feeling hesitant about answering other members’ questions, we’re here to tell you you don’t have to be.

Remember that there can be many ways to tackle a problem, so solutions for any potential question aren't necessarily absolute. Your reply, anecdote, or interjection isn’t expected to be the only approach.

Even providing anecdotes or sharing a similar problem and its solution can provoke more thought and elicit ideas—whether from the original poster or other members. The more you start to share with the community, the more confident you can become. Go, you!

All members add value to the AppDynamics Community - we encourage you to explore, consume, reply and inquire. The more you do this, the more you help yourself and can help the community.

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.

0 REPLIES 0