cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ryan.Paredez
Community Manager

Hello Community,

We are being hit with a massive spam attack this is still ongoing. 

For the time being, I have had to make the difficult decision to lock down the community from any new posts or replies being made until further steps can be taken to stop the bot attack.

I apologize if you received numerous unwanted community emails as a result. Although our filters managed to catch most of the spam, some still made it through.

I am currently reviewing our filtering systems to identify improvements and ensure that such incidents are minimized in the future.

I'm doing my best to review all the flagged spam posts to try and catch any false reports. If you noticed your post was caught by spam, please send me a Private Message and I can find it and remove it. 

Thank you for your understanding and patience. We appreciate your continued support and apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Best,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

2 Comments
Ryan.Paredez
Community Manager

Hello everyone,

As of this morning, Wednesday September 4, the community is still on temporary lockdown. This has allowed us to stop the bots spamming the community. I will continue to keep everyone informed through this post. 

Best,

Ryan

Ryan.Paredez
Community Manager

Hello everyone, 

I've been able to open the community back up to a majority of the members. Most of the community can go back to posting and replying. Unfortunately, a subset of the community will still be left in temporary read-only mode. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding while we continue to work on this issue.
Best,
Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager