cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to register .net agent

mahesh.shukla
Voyager

Hi,

Seems there is not enough documents on troubleshooting agent registration issue, I am facing issue to register the .net agent to cotroller, we are using .net agent 4.2.15.10, could see below error from agent log, any help on this regards would be higly appreciated:

2017-08-21 07:33:38.5506 79488 AppDynamics.Coordinator 1 8 Warn CoordinatorCommunicator problem reading request: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at AppDynamics.Coordinator.Communication.IPC.ACoordinatorCommunicator.SendDiagnostic(Byte[] msg)

at AppDynamics.Coordinator.Communication.IPC.mw.g(Command , Byte[] )

at AppDynamics.Coordinator.Communication.IPC.mm.u(FileStream )

2017-08-21 07:34:22.7826 79488 AppDynamics.Coordinator 1 10 Error ConfigurationManager Error reading the configuration file: There is an error in XML document (80, 12).

The element 'profiler' cannot contain text. List of possible elements expected: 'callgraph, legacy-instrumentation-decisions, advanced-performance, verify-stackwalk, treat-verification-exception-methods, disabled-features, event-mask, add-assembly-reference, elt, runtime-reinstrumentation, instrument-defaultdomain, assembly-white-list, successful-exit-code, filters, dump'.

2017-08-21 07:34:22.7836 79488 AppDynamics.Coordinator 1 10 Warn CoordinatorService Failed to initialize coordinator service. Monitoring of all apps on this machine is disabled.

4 REPLIES 4

Ashish.Singh
AppDynamics Team

Hi Mahesh,

From the provided error log snippet, seems there is some configuration issue in the config.xml, present on the agent server. Could you please provide us the config.xml in a private message from the agent server for the review.

By default, this config.xml will be located at below location, if you have changed the default location then provide the file from the changed location.

%ProgramData%\AppDynamics\DotNetAgent\Config\config.xml

We will review the config.xml and update you the findings.

Thanks,

Ashish.

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Hi Ashish,

Forgot to mentioned, same config file is working fime on other servers. As of now I am into the process to uninstall and install the latest version of agent, will let you know how it goes.

Thanks,

Mahesh

Sure Mahesh,

If you face any issue, please provide us the latest zip of config as well as Logs folder for the review in private message.

Thanks,

Ashish.

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Do you already have a Server Visibility agent or other agent running on this machine?  I found that with the server visibility agent running prior to the .NET agent I had to entirely disable the Machine Agent Service before attempting to connect to our controller in the .NET setup.  However, my error message appeared to be stating that there was a conflict in the "monitoring services" and to verify if there was a previously installed service for monitoring.

If that is not the problem, attempt to telnet using the following to verify you're allowed the network to network connectivity. (In CMD line on Windows) type "telnet CONTROLLERip CONTROLLERport" and if you cannot connect, you're dealing with a network issue.  The only reason I think perhaps this is a network issue or conflicting agents is that the config for 1 agent should work fine for the next if your network settings are identical.

Please also review what version the agent you've copied the configuration from is on.  If the agent that you are deploying is not on the same version you could be attempting to start your agent without hte necessary conifugrations and flags available and configured.