cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Troubleshooting Appdynamics Agent Install on Windows ECS Fargate .Net Framework IIS application

Rupert.Broad
New Poster

I'm trying to get the App Agent running on a Windows ECS Fargate container. Agent installs and connects to the coordinator and registers the machine agent but the App Agent and CLR are not discovered/registered. On a regular Windows Server instance doing 'iisreset' usually resolves this issue. In the container startup script there is an iisreset but it's obviously not working.

I get the same result if I build/run the container locally on a Windows Server, so Fargate is not the issue.

config.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<appdynamics-agent xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
   <controller host="AppDynamicsAppHostName" port="443" ssl="true" enable_tls12="true">
    <application name="AppDynamicsAppName" />
      <account name="AppDynamicsAppAccountName" password="AppDynamicsAppAccountPassword" />
  </controller>
  <machine-agent />
  <app-agents>
    <IIS>
      <applications>
        <application path="/" site="api">
          <tier name="AppDynamicsTierName" />
        </application>
      </applications>
    </IIS>
  </app-agents>
</appdynamics-agent>

When the container registers with the coordinator, it does NOT assign the agent to the Application Tier. 

As far as I can tell from logging, there are no errors or issues during install or when container starts.

What I don't understand and what isn't discussed in the documents is how AppDynamics determines whether the App agent is installed and where I need to check (logs/xml/config) to find any misconfiguration.

11 REPLIES 11

Shane.Tembo
Producer

Hi @Rupert.Broad ,

Do you perhaps have some steps i could follow to install the .Net and Machine agents on fargate containers?

Im having a tough time finding the correct steps to follow and I need to get this done.

Thanks in advance.
Shane. 

Ryan.Paredez
Community Manager

Hi @Shane.Tembo,

Since it's been a few days with no reply from the community, did you happen to find a solution or anything you can share?

If you still need help, you can reach out to Cisco AppDynamics Support:  

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.