cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Split transactions using request data based on custom expression on HttpRequest for .NET Core

Bogdan.Parcalab
Builder

Hi there,

I have a problem splitting transactions using request data while using custom expression on HttpRequest. My application is .NET Core running in a ECS Task.

The custom expression described here (https://docs.appdynamics.com/21.9/en/application-monitoring/configure-instrumentation/transaction-de...) does not work.

When using "${Url.ToString().Split(Char[]/-).[2]}-${UserAgent}" no transaction gets instrumented.

While it is returning "Microsoft.AspNetCore.Http.DefaultHttpRequest" when using "${Url.ToString()}".

Any ideas?

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3

Ryan.Paredez
Community Manager

Hi @Bogdan.Parcalab,

Is there part of the Doc that didn't make sense, or the instructions just didn't work? If you share a bit more details, I can share this with the Docs team.

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.

Hi,

It does not work. I cannot split transactions by following the exact example from documentation!

Below two configurations does not for work for me. They are not creating any business transaction.

1.jpg

2.jpg

When testing with " ${Url.ToString()"} only, I got a business transaction named "<my_business_transaction_name>.Microsoft.AspNetCore.Http.DefaultHttpRequest". Like in the bellow photo, which clearly does not look like an URL.

3.jpg

And yes, "aspdotnet-core-instrumentation=" is set to "HTTP" for the tier.

4.jpg

What am I doing wrong here?

Can you point me to the right place in the documentation where I can learn how to split my business transactions, with custom rules based on the request URL?

Or maybe where I can see some logs, so that I can investigate the evaluation of my custom rule.

Thank you,

Bogdan

Hi @Bogdan.Parcalab,

I shared your feedback with the Docs team. They are going to look into it. In the meantime, let's see if the Community can jump in and help out.

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.