cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft Skype for Business Instrumentation

alakshya.maheria
Architect

Hi Experts,

Our client is looking to configure AppDynamics to monitor Skype for Business (MS Lync earlier). This is a hybrid setup with Front End Servers, Edge Servers, Web App Servers and Databases. Some users login via office365 and others via Skype For Business On premise. Used for VOIP calls, conference calls, meetings, screen sharing, file transfers over messaging app, messaging, etc.

Although Front End Server, Web App Servers have .Net application in IIS, the edge server which acts as relay does not. Instead it has installed windows services. I did execute the command tasklist /m "mscor" which turned blank on edge server.

Also dont know how we can setup Synthetic job to monitor Skype as synthetic agents only allow browser based interactions.

Any inputs/ideas will be extremely helpful.

Regards,

Alakshya

2 REPLIES 2

Raunak.Mohanty
AppDynamics Team (Retired)
Hi Alakshya,

I doubt if the windows services you are referring to are .Net based or not but you can double check via

1. ILSpy : Try opening the dlls and exectables residing in the source dirtectory and verify if youy are able to browse through the code. If this is not .Net based application, ILSpy will throw error like "Not a managed application"

2. Process Explorer : You can also very whether System/mscorlib dlls are loaded into the process.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Raunak

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Thanks Raunak. I will check through these.

I think EUM can be completely ruled out here as the protocols are different and there is no web based login.

Regards,

Alakshya