Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to add web app to AppDynamics

svdubovik
Wanderer

Hello, I can't add webb app to AppD

I found the next error in the AgentLog.txt:

2017-03-02 12:01:08.4232 5860 w3wp 2 332 Info ConfigurationChannel Sending Registration request with: Application Name [Production], Tier Name [MobileLending], Node Name [server-1-MobileLending], Host Name [server-1] Node Unique Local ID [server-1-MobileLending], Version [4.2.9.0]
2017-03-02 12:01:08.4232 5860 w3wp 2 332 Warn ConfigurationChannel Could not connect to the controller/invalid response from controller, cannot get initialization information, controller host [***.saas.appdynamics.com], port[443], exception [System.Exception: Connection back off limitation in effect: https://***.saas.appdynamics.com:443/controller/instance/0/applicationConfiguration_PB_]
2017-03-02 12:01:08.4232 5860 w3wp 2 332 Error ConfigurationChannel Exception: Connection back off limitation in effect: https://***.saas.appdynamics.com:443/controller/instance/0/applicationConfiguration_PB_Exception: System.Exception: Connection back off limitation in effect: https://***.saas.appdynamics.com:443/controller/instance/0/applicationConfiguration_PB_
2017-03-02 12:01:12.0200 24860 w3wp 2 61 Info ASnapshotCountTracker Global callgraph limit reached 1 times in last 15 minutes. Limit trackers for current minute: yk: Snapshot Reporter Queue size [0 bytes], total concurrent snapshots [1], originating concurrent snapshots [1], originating snapshots this minute [20], continuing snapshots this minute [0], hotspot snapshots this minute [0], nForcedSnapshotsStartedThisMin [0]
9 REPLIES 9

Cody.Naumann
AppDynamics Team (Retired)

What web app are you trying to add?

Thanks,l

Cody

Raunak.Mohanty

Hi,

Seems like .net Agent instrumenting IIS Application is not able to send metrics to Controllerdue to some connection issue.

Can you confirm 

1) If you are able to access your SAAS Controller on the server where Agent is installed. Try opening the URL in IE and verify

2) Can you also start "AppDyanamics Agent Configuration Tool" and veiry if you are able to test the Controller connection ?

3) Are there any proxy though which all the requests are routed ?

Thanks,

Raunak

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

I have some web services on the same server, which send a data to AppD without any problem. There is issue only with one web service.
I think issue related with this error:

Exception: Connection back off limitation in effect

Version AppD agent is 4.2.9.0

Also, I've added this web service to AppD without any problem to other enviroments (stage and beta)

Raunak.Mohanty

Hi,

Interesting. Can you take following steps

1) Take a back up of logs directory( C:\ProgramData\AppDynamics\DotNetAgent\Logs) and then delete the files with in it

2) Recycle IIS/ApplicationPool

3) Generate load on the Web Service in question

4) Send us  logs as a private message for our review and let us know the name of the Site 

Thanks,

Raunak

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Raunak.Mohanty

Hi,

Interesting. Can you take following steps

1) Take a back up of logs directory( C:\ProgramData\AppDynamics\DotNetAgent\Logs) and then delete the files with in it

2) Recycle IIS/ApplicationPool

3) Generate load on the Web Service in question

4) Send us  logs as a private message for our review and let us know the name of the Site 

Thanks,

Raunak

how i can to send you private message?

Raunak.Mohanty

Hi svdubovik,

I have sent you a private message with SFTP details. Please follow the instruction.

Thanks,

Raunak

Sent. Name of the Site - MobileLending

Thanks!

Raunak.Mohanty

Hi ,

Aplogies for the delay in getting back to you. Its seems like its the connection issue which is causing this issue. Since you mentioned other applications are able to commuicate with Communicate, I will request you to double check if there is any proxy defined at web.config of the application.

Other think you can try as a test is change the connection setting to use non ssl seetings ( ie port : 80 and ssl ="false") and verify if metrics are reported.

Again aplogies for the delay.

Thanks,

Raunak