cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CPU and memory utilization % by .net agent

deepanshu.arya
Creator

Hi team,

We have installed the .net agent which has internal machine agent and it is showing the hardware monitoring data like CPU and memory utilization %. It seems that it is showing the CPU and menory utilization % used by App pools not by the syatem.

We want to monitor the CPU and Memoy utilization % used by system, means if and machine has 16 GB memory then we need to monitor the memory used % by all process not by any specific process or app pool and same for CPU.

Please correct me if I have misunderstood the data or let me know if i have to do anything else for the same.

Regards,

Deepanshu

8 REPLIES 8

Raunak.Mohanty
AppDynamics Team (Retired)

Hi Deepanshu,

I suppose this issue has already been taken care via support case. Just for completeness. .Net Agent collects hardware metrics OOTB. You can view them at Node level under Hardware metrics and at Metric Browser at following locations.

Application Infrastructure Performance|<Tier Name>|Hardware Resources
Application Infrastructure Performance|<Tier Name>|Individual Nodes|<Node Name>|Hardware Resources

.Net Agent collects hardware metrics via Perfmon. So in case you need to collect metrics that are not collected by Agent OOTB you can always configure them 

https://docs.appdynamics.com/display/PRO43/Manage+Windows+Performance+Metrics

Thanks,

Raunak

Raunak

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Hi ,

OOTB, .net machine agent monitors only physical disk performance counters. We want to monitor the % utilization of logical disk or drives.

Please suggest how can we do that without installing standalone machine agent on the same server where already .net agent with internal machine agnet is installed.

Regards,

Deepanshu

Raunak.Mohanty

Hi Deepanshu,

As I mentioned in the support case you can configure whichever Perfmon counter you need at the config.xml.

Thanks,

raunak

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Hi Raunak,

We are unable to find any perfmon counter whcih expose the value of % utilization of logical disks.

Please let us know if is there any perfmon counter by which we can get the % utilization of logical disks by using .net machine agent.

Regards,

Deepanshu

Raunak.Mohanty

Hi Deepanshu,

Again as I mentioned in support case if the counter you need does not exist we cannot do much. Only option is for to explore if you can calculate it via script in any manner and then use Script Extension utility to publish the metrics to Controller.

Thanks,

Raunak

Hi Raunak,

Thanks for suggestions!!

one last question, whether .net agent monitor only .net perfomon counters or can we try windows perfmon counters as well.

Regards,

Deepanshu

you should be able to write a powershell script to fetch those details and report as a custom metric.

Check Extensions for AppDynamics.

Raunak.Mohanty

Any counters available in Windows Perfmon can be imported

Thanks,

Raunak