cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AppDynamics.Profiler failed to register.

Yogesh.Khati
Creator

I am facing the following error while installing .Net agent on windows 2008 r2 server "C:\Program Files\AppDynamics\AppDynamics .NET Agent\AppDynamics.Profiler_x86.dll failed to register." What might be the probable cause and how i am supposed to overcome this issue.Kindly provide your assistance over the same.

7 REPLIES 7

Raunak.Mohanty
AppDynamics Team (Retired)

Hi,

4.4 Agent version installation has additional requirement as documented here

https://docs.appdynamics.com/display/PRO44/Install+the+.NET+Agent#Installthe.NETAgent-PreparetoInsta...

Please install either of the following components and then try installing Agent

Thanks,

Raunak

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Post uninstallation of agent on server, while browsing through the event viewer the following error message arises stating ".NET Runtime version 4.0.30319.34209 - Loading profiler failed.  COR_PROFILER is set to an invalid CLSID: 'AppDynamics.AgentProfiler'.  HRESULT: 0x800401f3.  Process ID (decimal): 3004.  Message ID: [0x2502]." how can i overcome this issue and why is this issue reoccuring in the event viewer.Kindly help for the same.

Raunak.Mohanty

Everytime a .Net Process comes to life it checks two Environment Variable.
1) COR_ENABLE_PROFILING : If the value of this environment variable is 1, it indicates that  profiling is enabled on the server
2) COR_PROFILER : If profiling is enabled then it checks this value of this env variable to see which profiler its need to load

NET Runtime version 4.0.30319.0 - Loading profiler failed.  COR_PROFILER is set to an invalid CLSID: 'AppDynamics.AgentProfiler'.  HRESULT: 0x800401f3.  Process ID (decimal): 46608.  Message ID: [0x2502].
.NET Runtime version 2.0.50727.8009 - Failed to CoCreate profiler.

This error indicates that above-mentioned variables still exist but since you have uninstalled Agent, the 'AppDynamics.AgentProfiler'.dll does not exist.

Can you verify if those System level environment variables still exist? If yes can you go ahead and delete them and restart the .Net Application(s).

If this does not help a restart of the server might be necessary which will make sure they are removed from registry cache.

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Those variables are present in the registry. Can i infer that those variables are to be deleted from the registry? will it have any impact on the application server or the application  hosted on it ?

Raunak.Mohanty

Hi,

We do not create these variables at the Registry level. Please check System Environment variables and verify their presence. If they exist please delete them. Just restarting the server should fix these messages as well.

Thanks,

Raunak

System Environment variables stated by your end are not present on the server. In this case what more areas can i troubleshoot?

Raunak.Mohanty

It means that Windows has cached these variables. Restarting the server should help.