cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AppDynamics .NET agent installation slows application performance.

Yogesh.Khati
Creator

After configuring controller(4.3.8.5) on a separate server, when I tried to install .NET agent (4.3.1.6) post installation the application was functioning very slowly as compared to its previous response time. Is the agent hampering application performance or what else might the probable cause of the same. Kindly  suggest any generic or specific area for troubleshooting .

3 REPLIES 3

Raunak.Mohanty
AppDynamics Team (Retired)

Hi Yogesh,

Do you mean you are seeing higher response times with Agent when compared to without Agent? Controller installation has nothing to do with Agent performance until unless Controller on the same server was causing resource crunch at server level ultimately affecting the performance of your instrumentation application.

Also, you may see higher response times in an initial couple of mins with Agent as Agent is applying instrumentation during the startup of the process.

Can you run a load test and share with us results you see in terms of ART with and without agent/

Thanks,

Raunak

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

As per my observation, the response time tends to be higher for about ten mins or so post installation and abruptly data stops reporting in the controller inspite of successful connectivity between agent and controller.Also,when we checked the application manually response time was around 8 sec or so and after installation when checked manually it usually took 30-40 secs for a single page to load.However, I ll carry out the test with and without agent and share the details of the same.

Raunak.Mohanty
AppDynamics Team (Retired)

Sure Yogesh. Let us know if you see significant overhead. We will move this case to Support portal so that we investigate this in more detail.

Thanks,

Raunak

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.