Click the Start a free trial link to start a 15-day SaaS trial of our product and join our community as a trial user. If you are an existing customer do not start a free trial.
AppDynamics customers and established members should click the sign in button to authenticate.
1. I installed .NET agent on my server in which IIS websites are hosted.
2. I have both .net agent and .net machine agent configured.
3. .net machine agent is reporting to controller with cpu, memory, etc.
4. But app agent is not reporting to controller with any of the IIS application/website
5. Is this becasue I have not installed java (JRE) software on my machine or there is nothing to do with JRE?
Solved! Go to Solution.
Check out this link for the prerequisites for installing the .NET agent: https://docs.appdynamics.com/display/PRO44/Install+the+.NET+Agent -- look under "Prepare to Install."
Let me know if any of that works for you.
Thanks for replying Cody,
1. I see nothing about JRE mentioning anywhere in the links.
2. I installed .NET agents on almost 6 machines (they have Java 8 installed) and all of them are functioning properly.
3. I installed on new machine today and I noticed it has no Java installed.
So suspecting whether Java software plays any role in .NET app-agent reporting to controller.
Java has no role in .net Agent whatsoever. So that's not an issue. I am attaching a screenshot of Process Explorer. Can you verify if the process you are trying to instrument has similar environment variables and Agent dlls loaded into it?
Glad to hear that you are able to instrument .net application now. For the benefit of other community users can you provide some details what was the issue and how did you go about fixing it?