cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We converted our application from JBoss to Tomcat and now having heap utilization/ GC problems

Dan.Hillman
Builder

We converted our application from JBoss to Tomcat and now having heap utilization/ GC problems.

Has anyone run across this scenario?

4 REPLIES 4

Mario.Morelli
Architect

Hi Dan

Can you provide more detail around your questions?

From my understanding, your application has been converted/upgraded/changed from Jboss to Tomcat Framework correct?

Are you stating that AppDynamics is causing heap utilization/ GC problems? If so can you advise where it indicates that AppDynamics is the cause of this? 

Ciao

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Learn more about me in the Community Member Spotlight Q & A

This is not an Appdynamics issue. Our Customer migrated from using linux jboss to linux Tomcat. Their application did not have memory issues when running on jboss, but now that they have migrated over to Tomcat they are having memory problems. I was just curious if anyone has ran across this same scenario and had any insight on what they found troubleshooting this.

Thanks for the response.

Yeay, best would be to use AppDynamics to see if you can identify the Heap Issue. As well as trigger heap/Thread dumps for analysis which should point them into the right direction as to what is causing the problem

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Learn more about me in the Community Member Spotlight Q & A

Yes, of course. I have already started my troubleshooting.

Is there anyone out there that has experienced this same type of scenario?