cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not a customer? Start a free trial

Click the Start a free trial link to start a 15-day SaaS trial of our product and join our community as a trial user. If you are an existing customer do not start a free trial.

AppDynamics customers and established members should click the sign in button to authenticate.

Java (Java Agent, Installation, JVM, and Controller Installation)

Java Method Invocation Data Collectors - invoke object or getter chain not working on parameter

Java Method Invocation Data Collectors - invoke object or getter chain not working on parameter
Kenneth.Hines
Adventurer

Re: Java Method Invocation Data Collectors - invoke object or getter chain not working on parameter

Thanks Mario.

I was able to get the entity.PolicyPeriod methods.  I tried the getVersionString() on both param 0 and 1 with no success.  It does appear it is param 1 even though it is the first param of the method in the code. I just put getVersionString() in the getter chain.  

Any suggestions how I get to it?  Do I have to do something different since it is a delegate?  

KennethHines_0-1625611133727.png

Kenneth.Hines
Adventurer

Re: Java Method Invocation Data Collectors - invoke object or getter chain not working on parameter

Thanks, @Mario.Morelli.  I was able to see the methods that the PolicyPeriod had available, but I am not sure how to tie this all together.  

I have this method that I have instrumented.  It takes a PolicyPeriod which internally is a delegate to the real 

PolicyPeriod.  I think you said that it is a class calling a class type of thing.

function requestQuote(policyPeriod : PolicyPeriod, nextStep : String) {
requestQuote(policyPeriod, nextStep, ValidationLevel.TC_QUOTABLE, RatingStyle.TC_DEFAULT)
}

I am not sure how to set up the bottom of the MIDC to "Specify the Data to Collect from this Method Invocation" I am not sure how to set this up to get the data that I need because of the delegate.  Can you please clarify for me?  Thanks.....