cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Transaction is showing as (Not Found(id:350432)) Stall

Harinder.Rana
Producer

Hi,

In all snapshots > Business Transaction is showing as (Not Found(id:350432)) and all calls are shown as "stall".

I have been able to disable the stall and enable it again after 10 minutes.

any idea how I can fix this?

HarinderRana_0-1645080967283.jpeg

^ Post edited by @Ryan.Paredez for minor formatting

8 REPLIES 8

Ryan.Paredez
Community Manager

Hi @Harinder.Rana,

I did some digging around and one of the reasons this may be happening is someone deleted the BTs from the UI.

Can you confirm that this was not the case?

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.

Hi,

I have a similar issue. Checked the logs for errors and issues and all of them seem to be fine.

I am getting no business transactions in the dashboard. However, I can see them all under "Snapshots". But under the column "Business Transaction" a lot of them have "Not found(id:xyz)".

I have checked the configuration of the AppServer agent and machine agent and all seems to be correct. The same config worked previously before we had to uninstall everything and install the latest agents for the Log4j issue.

Hi @Ravi.Rajangam,

I followed up with the Java team and their response is what I mentioned above. 

That usually indicates something is deleted / purged on the controller side. Doe that help give you some next direction on where to look?

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.

Okay. I did delete the application once and let the agent register itself all over again. So why are the deleted application and its BT's getting correlated with the new application?

I had raised the support case, However issue is still persist. This is our PROD envirnment, so we can not delete the application and associated Tier/nodes. This is GCP and usually occuring during the scale up/down of the nodes. 

Thanks for reply, will post you the final solution

Great. Mine is in Prod as well. But we deleted the application in AppDynamics to try to register itself again. 

No point in monitoring something that's not collecting metrics.

After deleting the application from AppDynamics and letting it register again, the BT's are fine. This time no "Invalid transaction ID" message.

But, the dashboard is empty! I see all the BT's in the transaction snapshots though.

Finally, it showed up on the dashboard after a couple of days. Not sure what the issue was.