cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APPDynamics & Scala/Vert.x

Adrien.Mondiere
Wanderer

Hello.

I am currently trying APP Dynamics to set a monitoring system up (APM, End User, Database, Infrastructure).

I want first to test it on a Scala/Vert.x (3.5.2) application as first test.

But, I don't see anything on the Saas Controller. Any ideas why ? Did I miss something ? I used the Getting Started Wizard to get the agent.

Below, the way I launched my program with the agent, and the what I get in the Controller.

sbt ${debug}\
	    -J-javaagent:/appdynamics/appagent/javaagent.jar \
	    -J-Dappdynamics.agent.applicationName=supplier-application2 \
	    -J-Dappdynamics.agent.tierName=tiers-name \
	    -J-Dappdynamics.agent.nodeName=node-name \
		"-Dsecurity_site=http://$$authentication_server_address/oauth" \
		"run --configurations=./configuration"

appdynamics-scala.png

4 REPLIES 4

Peter.Holditch

Adrien,

Firstly, what agent version are you using?  Support for Vert.X 3.5 was added in the most recent release (4.5) which came out last week so you will need to use the 4.5 agent.

If you are already running v4.5 of the agent (or if you try that and see no change) then can you try downgrading to Vert.X 3.5.0, and see if that helps?

If not, can you describe how the application works; what is processing the incoming HTTP requests, the Vert.X HTTP server or some lightbend HTTP server (e.g. Akka HTTP, etc.)

Warm regards,

Peter

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Thanks for the answer.

However, this didn't work. After looking inside the Saas Controller, I saw this information "AppDynamics Version 4.4.1.0, build 164".

By what I understand, I don't have the right version of the controller to work with the 4.5 agent. Am I right ? If so, how can I update the controller ?

Thanks for your help,

Adrien

Adrien,

One of the new features of the 4.5 agent is the ability for it to work with controllers v4.4.1 or higher, so you will actually be fine in this scenario.

Warm regards,

Peter.

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Indeed, my bad.

As you said, it works with Vert.x 3.5.0, but not higher.

Per one of your previous answer, I understand it was expected.

Do you know when higher version of Vert.x will be supported ?

Thanks for your time