cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Database Agent Installation

ricardovargas
Creator

Hello,

Is there a way to install the appDynamics database agent without the wizard, such as simply configuring the installation xml files?

The reason I am asking is because I want to monitor a client but I am having trouble when installing the agent. I cannot log in to the db from outside the network and having them open up the listener port on the db for me right now is an issue. Is there a work around?

I know I can send data out from the customers network, because I have already installed the java and machine agent, no issue there, its just accesing the db through the installation wizard and outside the network is giving me issues.

Thanks for the help!

3 REPLIES 3

gurmitsa
Architect

Hi,

You do not necessarily have to install the database agent on the database server. The database agent can reside on any server as long as that server can communicate to the database host (https://docs.appdynamics.com/display/PRO44/Database+Visibility+System+Requirements#DatabaseVisibilit...)

Thanks

Gurmit.

Hi,

So if you have the DB agent installed on a remote server, what port is required to be opened for the remote server to communicarte to the database.

Thanks,

Lartey

you can open the port - SaaS 80 ,443

On Premise - 8080 and 8081