cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a possibility to create tables in dashboard

sameera.G
Wanderer

Can anyone please let me know if we can create table form metrics in dashboard?

When checked in custom widgets there is an option for table format but there I am not getting the parameters that I want to select.

We are looking for response time, CPU, memory, etc on one axis and on timelines on the other axis.

6 REPLIES 6

Brian.Wheeldon
AppDynamics Team (Retired)

Currently you can configure Tables to display the results of Business iQ (ADQL) queries on the Analytics (Events Service) data, but not metrics.

You can produce CSV reports for metrics in tabular format using REST API queries.

When you say you're looking for "response time, cpu,memory etc on one axis and on time lines on the other axis", what are the rows and what are the columns?

Regards,

Brian Wheeldon

Brian Wheeldon, Solution Engineer, NYC

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Thank you Brian for you reply.

I am looking for columns such as  response time, cpu, memory etc and rows need various time lines .Attached the sample view.

Please let me know whether it is possible and how can we configiure that

Brian.Wheeldon

Thanks for the clarification and sample.

Here's a similar CSV report built using the REST API:

Time Chunk Comparison: Current time period vs. previous time periods for a configurable set of key metrics

For the rows, specify a set of labels with associated Metric Path
For the columns, specify the time delta, "Week", with the number of ms in that period, plus the number of weeks to compare (e.g. 4)

With three un-comments/comments, convert this to a daily report comparing the previous 14 days

Reports like these can be created using any number of ways using the REST API, but the approach I found simplest is to install two pre-requisites on a box with a JRE and network access to your Controller:

1. AppDynamics REST API SDK

2. Groovy script to produce the CSV

Send me your output of `groovy -version` and I'll share the script I used to generate the reports above.

Regards,

Brian Wheeldon

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

I was creating similar report folowwing the this guidance. But the images seem to be broken. Can you reshare the same?

Brian.Wheeldon

Added these images as attachments.

Hi @Brian.Wheeldon 

I need to create a dashboard for all applications with APP agent, machine agent, business transaction health in a table as shown in the attachment. I had created a dashboard with the widgets for an application in that I can see the agent status but I want it in a table. I cannot find the table in the widgets.

could you please help me know how to do this?

with regards

charan.

Agent and BT status.JPG