cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

getting error when i select server tab on the controller

Hamed.khosravi
Builder

Hi @Radhika.Puthiyetath

I configured Nginx as a reverse proxy and controller works fine behind a Nginx, i tested agents and controller behind a reverse proxy and all features work fine, but when i select server tab a red popup appears and an error tells me " Error The request sent by the client was syntactically incorrect. ". What causes this error? 

3 REPLIES 3

Radhika.Puthiyetath
AppDynamics Team (Retired)

Hi @Hamed.khosravi,

Thank you for posting the query on the AppDynamics Community.

We need further details to investigate.

Kindly share the version of the Controller you are using and any other details that would help us take a closer look.

Hi,
I'm using controller 4.4.3. The other tabs works fine but this tab getting
this info or warning.

Hi @Hamed.khosravi

Looks like this is a known issue (Reserved characters in the URL are filtered by the proxies. When the request lands on the Controller, it is invalid as some characters have been purged. Another problem is the length of the URL. The URL is restricted by the proxy because the whole data sent in the URL is huge.)

We recommend upgrading to Machine Agent version 4.5.2. The Controller version 4.4.0 or higher supports Standalone Machine Agent versions 4.5.2 and newer. See the documentation for more information on compatibility.

Even the upgrade does not work, try using other browsers. This could also be a browser issue.

Nothing works then, we recommend sharing a screenshot of the Controller tab. Make sure that you hide sensitive information on the screen before you share.

If that as well does not work as expected, we recommend creating a support ticket with the HTML Archive ( Settings > Developer Tool on Chrome) and further details that would help us investigate.

Let us know how it goes.