cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong total application response time

Pascal.Anowi
Creator

Trust everyone is doing good,

I noticed for a particular application being monitored the total response time being displayed on appdynamics is not the true value,it shows a lower response time that just isnt possible.

Checking individual transaction response time it displays the true value but the total is just wrong

PascalAnowi_0-1690453236154.png

What could be he cause of this

5 REPLIES 5

Mario.Morelli
Architect

Hi Pascal

The response time value you see for the whole application is an average response time for all transactions together, it's not a total.

Ciao

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Learn more about me in the Community Member Spotlight Q & A

I understand this, but i tried adding the response time of all the business transactions and dividing it by the total number of business transactions to get sort of an average and it was way more higher than the recorded average response time

Hi Pascal

Remember every Business transaction does not have the exact amount of transactions, So it's not just a simple "add response times and divide by number of business transactions"

If you can provide an export of the BT's with 3 metrics - Load, average response times and end-2-end latency for me to check 

You can PM me with the data(Just remove any sensitive data) to have a look

Ciao

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Learn more about me in the Community Member Spotlight Q & A

Thanks

Hello Pascal,

Can you also check by creating a dashbaord and providing the necessary calculations there?