cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WARN DBMeasurementUploader - Fail to upload Query Stats Measurements

Ben.Cripps
Builder

Hi,

We have a client trialing AppDynamics and currently we're not able to see database lists or executed SQL statements etc.  The client has sent us the DB logs from AppDynamics where we can see various errors similar to the below:

[Event-Uploader-Scheduler-2] 18 Jul 2017 14:41:07,799 WARN DBMeasurementUploader - Fail to upload Query Stats Measurements:
com.singularity.ee.rest.ResponseReadException: Error in controller in processing binary request Write Query Stats - null
at com.singularity.ee.rest.controller.request.ABinaryControllerRequest.<init>(ABinaryControllerRequest.java:65)
at com.singularity.ee.rest.controller.request.dbmon.WriteQueryStatsRequest.<init>(WriteQueryStatsRequest.java:30)
at com.singularity.ee.agent.dbagent.task.reporter.DBMeasurementUploader.uploadrQueryStats(DBMeasurementUploader.java:100)
at com.singularity.ee.agent.dbagent.task.reporter.DBMeasurementUploader.run(DBMeasurementUploader.java:117)
at com.singularity.ee.util.javaspecific.scheduler.AgentScheduledExecutorServiceImpl$SafeRunnable.run(AgentScheduledExecutorServiceImpl.java:122)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)
at com.singularity.ee.util.javaspecific.scheduler.ADFutureTask$Sync.innerRunAndReset(ADFutureTask.java:335)
at com.singularity.ee.util.javaspecific.scheduler.ADFutureTask.runAndReset(ADFutureTask.java:152)
at com.singularity.ee.util.javaspecific.scheduler.ADScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ADScheduledFutureTask.access$101(ADScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:119)
at com.singularity.ee.util.javaspecific.scheduler.ADScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ADScheduledFutureTask.runPeriodic(ADScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:206)
at com.singularity.ee.util.javaspecific.scheduler.ADScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ADScheduledFutureTask.run(ADScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:236)
at com.singularity.ee.util.javaspecific.scheduler.ADThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ADThreadPoolExecutor.java:694)
at com.singularity.ee.util.javaspecific.scheduler.ADThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ADThreadPoolExecutor.java:726)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

The client is question is using your SaaS platform and from looking at other similar support tickets I believe we may need your help to get this up and running correctly? Unfortunately the customer has 10 days left in their trial period so time is tight.

Please let me know what we need to do to resolve this.

Thanks, Ben

6 REPLIES 6

Rajesh.Putta
AppDynamics Team

Hi Ben,

Could you please send us zipped DB Agent logs 

Thanks

Rajesh

Hi Rajesh,

Thanks for replying - I've just checked and it looks as though the issue has been resolved at 00:00 today.

If I'm wrong I'll let you know.

Thanks again, Ben

Hi Ben,

Thanks for the update. The reason i asked for db agent logs is to check which SAAS account it is. This is a problem with events service running on SAAS environment.

Anyhow its glad to hear that things are working fine now. Please close this post if you do not have any more issues.

Thanks

Rajesh

Hi Rajesh,

Unfortunately it appears to have gone down again, albeit it looks to be a different issue?

DB Errors.png

I've uploaded the last agent log the customer sent to me (before the issue was resolved late yesterday).

If you could please check to see if all is OK at the backend, I'll also check with the client to see if they're aware and to see if they've made any other changes.

Thanks, Ben

Hi Ben,

Thanks for the logs. Yes earlier DB Collectors didnot report data because of events service issue that is hosted on SAAS environment.

I saw the latest status on your controller and do see that all the DB Collectors are properly showing the DB related metrics except ProdMongoDB which i see the collector is disabled.

Please find the log snippet 

[Event-Uploader-Scheduler-6] 20 Jul 2017 10:59:10,959  WARN DBMeasurementUploader - Fail to upload Query Stats Measurements: 
com.singularity.ee.rest.ResponseReadException: Error in controller in processing binary request Write Query Stats  - null
	at com.singularity.ee.rest.controller.request.ABinaryControllerRequest.<init>(ABinaryControllerRequest.java:65)
	at com.singularity.ee.rest.controller.request.dbmon.WriteQueryStatsRequest.<init>(WriteQueryStatsRequest.java:30)
	at com.singularity.ee.agent.dbagent.task.reporter.DBMeasurementUploader.uploadrQueryStats(DBMeasurementUploader.java:100)
	at com.singularity.ee.agent.dbagent.task.reporter.DBMeasurementUploader.run(DBMeasurementUploader.java:117)
	at com.singularity.ee.util.javaspecific.scheduler.AgentScheduledExecutorServiceImpl$SafeRunnable.run(AgentScheduledExecutorServiceImpl.java:122)
	at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)
	at com.singularity.ee.util.javaspecific.scheduler.ADFutureTask$Sync.innerRunAndReset(ADFutureTask.java:335)
	at com.singularity.ee.util.javaspecific.scheduler.ADFutureTask.runAndReset(ADFutureTask.java:152)
	at com.singularity.ee.util.javaspecific.scheduler.ADScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ADScheduledFutureTask.access$101(ADScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:119)
	at com.singularity.ee.util.javaspecific.scheduler.ADScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ADScheduledFutureTask.runPeriodic(ADScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:206)
	at com.singularity.ee.util.javaspecific.scheduler.ADScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ADScheduledFutureTask.run(ADScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:236)
	at com.singularity.ee.util.javaspecific.scheduler.ADThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ADThreadPoolExecutor.java:694)
	at com.singularity.ee.util.javaspecific.scheduler.ADThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ADThreadPoolExecutor.java:726)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Please let us know if you have any more questions. If not, can we close this post.

Thanks

Rajesh

Looks like it's settled and no issues have occurred - I'll close this thread.

Thanks for your help Rajesh.