cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Health rule Timeframe

Hi,

When creating a health rule, use data from last ----- mins (1 to 120 mins), Is this the rolling time window ? Like every time it calculates the last X minutes ? 

Is there any way to choose the static timeframe ? Means, Choose the first 5 mins of data for evaluation, the next time choose the next 5 mins of time for evaluation. 

Thanks, 

Viji

5 REPLIES 5

Ryan.Paredez
Community Manager

Hi @Viji.Radhakrishnan,

I'm looking into this for you with the Docs team. I will report back when I get some clarification. 

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.

Ryan.Paredez
Community Manager

Hi @Viji.Radhakrishnan,

I heard back! It's a rolling time frame. The 1 - 120 min value is the input to "Use data from last ___ mins" and this window measures the time from the health rule evaluation time.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Thanks for your reply Ryan. Can you please check if I can choose the static timeframe ? For example, Take the first 15 mins in the hour for first evaluation and the next 15 mins for the second evaluation. Is this possible ? 

The requirement is to monitor the response time and report it based on timeframe. 

@Ryan.Paredez Did you get chance to look at my query ? 

Ryan.Paredez
Community Manager

Hi @Viji.Radhakrishnan,

I was following up with the SME. I got a response. 

This time frame is always a rolling time frame.

Thanks,