cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extracting APM BT thresholds via API

Hi all,

I am trying to extract threshold values I have defined for some BTs under an app.

I can find API calls to get controller level settings, health rules, apps in a controller etc. but nothing like threshold settings (the ones that are used to classify a transaction as slow/very slow).

Anyone aware of a solution for this?

regards

Philippe

6 REPLIES 6

In the end I logged a support call. "We do not have any API to get these values" was the answer.
Better luck next time

Ryan.Paredez
Community Manager

Hi @Philippe.Therond -

Thanks for letting us know. You can also add this as a feature request on the Idea Exchange

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.

I researched this a lot too. And finally I realized that it can be done with python. I haven't started writing the code yet. I will share it in the coming days.

Ryan.Paredez
Community Manager

Hi @Haluk Yaşar.Erol,

Thanks for the insight. Please do share that code when you've given it a go!

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.

Good luck extracting data which the API doesn't give you. Whether you use python or anything else it doesn't detract to the basic fact that the API does not enable you to get to the data I am referring to. FYI, I use python too...

Hi there, well the premise is that if you can see it in the controller you can get at it through the undocumented restui that the controller uses, but it does take a bit of analysis to figure out the correct calls to make. (also beware with restui as its undocumented its subject to change, but on the flip side dexter and other appdynamics tools also make use of restui calls)

for example in my rapport application i extract a fair bit of information using restui calls. for example i surface all the healthrules for an application on a single web page.

healthrule.jpg

I did make a start at extracting the BT configs and could add the BT threshold to that . let me have a think. @Haluk Yaşar.Erol maybe we could have a crack at this together?

Rapport is at  https://chickenkatsu.co.uk/apps/rapport

kind regards
Sunil