cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error ID descriptions

Jon.Faldmo
Maker

Is there a document out there that describes the error IDs we see in the logs. I'm hoping for more infomation that what is printed in the log. For example:

ID000062 metric 532047 not found

ID000228 Skip the node : 2049, nodeE.isAppAgentPresent is : true, appAgentNodes is : false

Why can't a metric be found?  why would a node be skipped? What is being skipped? etc.

10 REPLIES 10

Cody.Naumann
AppDynamics Team (Retired)

Hi there,

I think what might be happening is this: https://community.appdynamics.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/No-data-in-the-Metric-Browser/ta-p/18159

Error receiving metrics (node not properly modeled yet: Could not find component for node:

This error means the app agent tried to upload metric data for a specific node, but the node does not belong to any tier. Nodes must belong to tiers and these tiers must belong to a business application in order to receive metric data for that node. See AppDynamics Concepts.

I'm not a super expert here, but it sounds like a specific node doesn't belong to a tier, and therefore it's being skipped, and the metrics aren't being returned.

Cody

There are about 100 nodes that are "Skipped." Heap usage, Averate Response Time, Errors, and other metrics are coming in consistently, but JMX metrics are inconsistent. I am wondering if those messages are related to the JMX metrics? The JMX metrics seem to be coming in only about a half hour in the middle of the night.

Cody.Naumann

Hi Jonathan,

I have not forgotten about you -- I've reached out to an expert on our support team for a reply.

I agree that it would be good to have a list of error codes somewhere, I'll bring it up with the Docs manager.

Did your sleuthing uncover anything else around JMX?

Cody

The best thing I could come up with (actually a support case) is the VMWare setup and resources are insufficent for the server the Controller is runnng on. It is weird to me that the JMX metrics would be the major victim, and possible these other error messages that are occuring.

In any event, having the description for the error ids would be helpful.

Cody.Naumann

Absolutely. Let us know what you find out with the support case, as it can help others on the community (if you can share).

Cody

Hi,

ID000062 metric 532047 not found

ID000228 Skip the node : 2049, nodeE.isAppAgentPresent is : true, appAgentNodes is : false

This message comes when there are app nodes that do not have app agent/machine agent associate to it. Check if there are too many empty nodes based on the node id printed in the logs and check application_component_node table to see what node it is. As long as the empty nodes exist, log would print messages about those and these are INFO messages.

Can you run the below query and share the output

select acc.id acc_id, acc.name acc_name, app.id app_id, app.name app_name, tier.id tier_id, tier.name tier_name, node.id node_id, node.name node_name from account acc, application app, application_component tier, application_component_node node where acc.id = app.account_id and app.id = tier.application_id and tier.id = node.application_component_id and node.id in (2049);

select id,name from application_component_node where id in (2049); 

Thanks,

Atyuha

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Here are the results-----

mysql> select acc.id acc_id, acc.name acc_name, app.id app_id, app.name app_name, tier.id tier_id, tier.name tier_name, node.id node_id, node.name node_name from account acc, application app, application_component tier, application_component_node node where acc.id = app.account_id and app.id = tier.application_id and tier.id = node.application_component_id and node.id in (2049);
+--------+-----------+--------+----------+---------+-----------+---------+-----------+
| acc_id | acc_name  | app_id | app_name | tier_id | tier_name | node_id | node_name |
+--------+-----------+--------+----------+---------+-----------+---------+-----------+
|      2 | customer1 |     45 | FSC-Prod |     644 | SOA-RAS   |    2049 | SOA11     |
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> select id,name from application_component_node where id in (2049);
+------+-------+
| id   | name  |
+------+-------+
| 2049 | SOA11 |
+------+-------+

Hi ,

Could you please check whether the node ( SOA11) is visible under the application FSC-Prod  and tier SOA-RAS in the controller ui. Also, can you please let us know the node retention period.

As long as the empty nodes exist, log would print messages about those and these are INFO messages.

Thanks,

Atyuha

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

It does show up there, but it also shows up in another Tier as well. Do the node names have to be unique, even if they are in different Tiers?

SOA-Tiers.PNG