cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AppDynamics API Exclude Some Metrics

Mohammed.Samir
Creator

Dears,

I am currently using AppDynamics API To Pull metrics data from AppDynamics for Application Infrastructure Performance:

https://x.y.z/controller/rest/applications/My-App/metric-data?metric-path=Application Infrastructure Performance|*|Individual Nodes|*|JVM|*&time-range-type=BEFORE_NOW&duration-in-mins=5&output=JSON

The Data is coming fine but it has some problems like some metrics doesn't contain metric values.

Data Is coming as a large Json of Jsons where the small JSONs represent an event or entry.

Sample Of a Json Event Response That is Correct:

{
"metricId" : 12345,
"metricName" : "JVM|Process CPU Burnt (ms/min)",
"metricPath" : "Application Infrastructure Performance|xyz|Individual Nodes|abcdf|JVM|Process CPU Burnt (ms/min)",
"frequency" : "ONE_MIN",
"metricValues" : [ {
"startTimeInMillis" : 1635511140000,
"occurrences" : 0,
"current" : 14550,
"min" : 12330,
"max" : 17850,
"useRange" : true,
"count" : 5,
"sum" : 75700,
"value" : 15140,
"standardDeviation" : 0
} ]

Sample Of a Json Event Response That is Bad/Incorrect: (Contains the Word "METRIC DATA NOT FOUND")

{
"metricId" : 123456,
"metricName" : "METRIC DATA NOT FOUND",
"metricPath" : "Application Infrastructure Performance|xyz|Individual Nodes|abcdf|JVM|Process CPU Burnt (ms/min)",
"frequency" : "ONE_MIN",
"metricValues" : [ ]
},

Question:

Is there is a way to pull all data while removing whatever contains metricName="METRIC DATA NOT FOUND" ? 

So that i don't get extra amount of useless data.

2 REPLIES 2

Mohammed.Samir
Creator

Any Updates Regarding that!.

Hi @Mohammed.Samir,

Thanks for following up on this. Since the community has not jumped in to help, I would recommend contacting AppD Support by going to www.appdynamics.com/support.

Or you can reach out to your AppD Rep, as I see you are a partner. If you end up doing either of those and getting further info, please share what you learned as a reply to this post. 

Knowledge sharing is what drives this community.

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.