cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I secure the Events Service server

Ferhana.Siraj
Builder

How do I generate SSL certificate for the Event Service server?  There are documentation on how to secure the  Controller and EUM servers but I didn't find documentation on how to generate the .CSR certificate for the event service.  Our Event Service SSL certificate has expired  and I am not sure how it was created and imported on the keystore. 

Thank you.

Ferhana

3 REPLIES 3

Ryan.Paredez
Community Manager

Hi @Ferhana.Siraj,

I'm not sure what version your Controller is on, but I only found documentation for this on 4.5. 

https://docs.appdynamics.com/4.5.x/en/appdynamics-application-performance-monitoring-platform/events...

Can you tell me what Controller version you're running and I'll see what I can find out.

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.

Hi Ryan,

Thank you so much for your quick reply, I greatly appreciate it.  Your reply was helpful and reconfirmed what I was planning to do.  I also found this document for the controller and I followed steps 

5 to 9 but had to modify the file path for the event service server. 

https://docs.appdynamics.com/20.x/en/appdynamics-application-performance-monitoring-platform/secure-... as guidance.

It looks like generating the CSR is the same for any application, I just had to make sure I change the file paths per my event service server.  I hope that made that clear on the documentation. 

Thank you again for your help!

Ferhana 

Hi @Ferhana.Siraj,

Glad to hear it was helpful and you were able to figure out how to generate that cert!

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.