cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remediation Script on Windows Node

Highlighted
New Poster

I'm trying to use the Remediation Scripts in response to a Health Rule being violated.

In this case, I'd like to start a windows service if it goes down.

All the examples look like they require bash scripts, so not sure exactly how this needs to look on a windows server.

It would be something very simple, like "net start blah", where blah is my windows service.

I have tried wrapping this in a .cmd file and that does not appear to work, so not sure what to do next.

Any advice / help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

12 REPLIES 12

Re: Remediation Script on Windows Node

Hi Tim,

You can create your remediation script as batch file (.bat) which can invoke a Powershell script  (.ps1) to restart the Windows Service.

Thanks,

Raunak 

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Tim,

I created a policy that have actions to send an email and execute a remediation.

So when an error happens I receive an email normally but the remediation wasn't execute.

I created a .bat file and i put this file into local-scripts folder on my machine-agent instalation.

Can you help me?

Regards

Same case from my side. 

I made Microsoft Teams notification to work fine but Remediation Script placed in Agent folder, local-scripts, in a .bat file, is not run. I can see the action is raised but no results on restarting a Windows Service, which is the goal of the script. I cannot see anything in machine agent logs or controller server logs referring of this Remediation Script being run. 

Which part may I be missing?

Hi Raul,
I have the same problem my script is not executed.
Employee

Hi All,

We verified this behavior internally in our lab environment and notice that Remediation Script does not execute on the .Net Agent Node.

Remediation Script execution works fine on the Java Machine Agent node.

Thanks,

Ashish.

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Wanderer

Hello Ashish,

You highlight an issue with .net Agent Node not correctly Remediation Script - do you know if this is resolved?

Hi All,

We have an enhancement request in place but we do not have any timelines for the fix yet. We will update the thread as and when we have more info about this.

Thanks,
Raunak

Where do we vote to get this fix soon? Automatic resolution is the second most important feature of a monitoring system. I am currently planning the implementation of the .net on my clusters but if this functionality is not available I find a different solution.
Employee

Hi all, 

is there an internal JIRA Ticket we can vote on? 

@Raunak.Mohanty @Ashish.Singh

This is quite important for one of our customer.

Thank you

Kind Regards

Viet