cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to backout or turn off ?

jayaram.sai
Creator

I have installed the .NET agent  (MSI file) on a Windows machine. There are processes / services running  and our apps in .NET got reflected in the controller side.

In Java world where I can remove the startup parameters and control the instrumentation ON / OFF.

How do i backout completely  or  temporarily disable the AppDy .NET agent?

I require this for testing purpose with and without the instrumentation.

3 REPLIES 3

Ashish.Singh
AppDynamics Team

Hi Jayaram,

For to cleanly disable .Net Agent, it will take following steps- 

1) Find System Level Environment Variable by the name of "COR_ENABLE_PROFILING" and change its value to 0.
2) Stop and Disable Agent Coordinator Service ( @ Services.msc).
3) Recycle all your instrumented applications ( this step is very important because after you recycle, due to steps you took in 1) and 2), Agent Profiler and other Agent dlls will not be loaded into Process Memory and hence will stop any kind of instrumentation).

When you need to enable .Net Agent again - 

1) In the System Level Environment Variable, change the value of "COR_ENABLE_PROFILING" and set its value to 1.
2) Enable and start Agent Coordinator Service ( @ Services.msc).
3) Recycle all your instrumented applications then apply the continuos load on the instrumented application.

Please let us know, if you have any question.

Thanks,

Ashish.

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

arthur.krupsky
AppDynamics Team

also trying to figure this out

Raunak.Mohanty
AppDynamics Team (Retired)

Arthur,

I have the steps are clear and you were able to implement the change. Let us know if you have ay questions.

Thanks,

Raunak

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.