cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does .NET agent needs Java software running on server?

1. I installed .NET agent on my server in which IIS websites are hosted.

2. I have both .net agent and .net machine agent configured.

<machine-agent/> and 

-<app-agents>

-<IIS>

-<applications>

3. .net machine agent is reporting to controller with cpu, memory, etc.

4. But app agent is not reporting to controller with any of the IIS application/website

5. Is this becasue I have not installed java (JRE) software on my machine or there is nothing to do with JRE?

Thanks

Sandeep

6 REPLIES 6

Cody.Naumann
AppDynamics Team (Retired)

Hi Sandeep,

Check out this link for the prerequisites for installing the .NET agent: https://docs.appdynamics.com/display/PRO44/Install+the+.NET+Agent -- look under "Prepare to Install."

Also review: https://docs.appdynamics.com/display/PRO44/Configure+the+.NET+Agent

Let me know if any of that works for you.

Thanks,

Cody

Thanks for replying Cody,

1. I see nothing about JRE mentioning anywhere in the links.

2. I installed .NET agents on almost 6 machines (they have Java 8 installed) and all of them are functioning properly.

3. I installed on new machine today and I noticed it has no Java installed.

So suspecting whether Java software plays any role in .NET app-agent reporting to controller.

Thanks

Sandeep

Hi Sandeep,

Try installing Java on that machine and then let me look into it on my end.

Thanks,

Cody

Hi Sandeep,

Java has no role in .net Agent whatsoever. So that's not an issue. I am attaching a screenshot of Process Explorer. Can you verify if the process you are trying to instrument has similar environment variables and Agent dlls loaded into it? 

Thanks,

Raunak

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Thanks for the replies guys, I figured out the solution. JRE is not required.

Thanks

Sandeep

Hi Sandeep,

Glad to hear that you are able to instrument .net application now. For the benefit of other community users can you provide some details what was the issue and how did you go about fixing it?

Thanks,

Raunak

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.