cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Azure Cloud Service Web Role not Reporting

Rahul.r
Maker

I have installed appdynamics nuget packet in my Visual studio 2012 solution ( Azure Could Services  - Web Role). 

The required Appdynamics folder is created in my solution, now when browsing the application it seems not be reporting to the controller. 

There is no application created in the Controller too. Should i add any configuration in Azure portal too?

Appdynamics  controller is installed locally.

8 REPLIES 8

Ashish.Singh
AppDynamics Team

Hi vsselvaraj,

If we understand correctly, You have created Web Role under the Azure Could Services after that you have installed the AppDynamics Azure Nuge packege and deployed the solution in the azure instance, but when you are browsing the application url after the deployment , you are not able to see the metric data on the controller UI

To troubleshoot the issue, could you please provide us the below details  - 

1) What is the Azure agent version, which you have installed through NugetPackege ?

2) Have you applied the continuos load on the application ?

3) Please share the DotNetAgent folder from following default location, if this is not changed during installation.

D:\ProgramData\AppDynamics\DotNetAgent

4) Also, please update us if it is fresh deployement or it is re-deployment over existing deployed solution ?

Thanks,

Ashish.

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Yes.. U got it rite..

Answers to ur questions :

1.  Version 4.3.1

2.  Yes

4.  Fresh Installation

My questions are 

1. Should i need to install appdynamics Agent in my machine too (where Visual studio 2012 is there) or only Nuget package in Visual Studio is enough..??

2. My manager is installed on premise (locally)..  Will agent report ( but i tried with my 15 days trial manager (SaaS) - dint work ) ?

3. Should i install any Add on - on my Azure account as well?

Hi vsselvaraj,

Thanks for the update.

Can you also provide us the latest DotNetAgent folder from following default location in a private message for the review ,

if this is not changed during installation default path will as below. else you can use the modified path.

D:\ProgramData\AppDynamics\DotNetAgent 

Answer to your question - 

> No, you need not to install AppDynamics agent into you local machine.  When you install the Azure Nuget package in Visual Studio, it is enough to deploy the cloud service in Azure cloud instance through visual studio.

> No,you need not to add any Add on, to report the the cloud service mertics data at the controller UI through .Net agent, 

> If i understand correclty, you have On-premise controller ? If Yes, azure agent reports the metrics details to on premise controller also. 

Please send us the us DotNetAgent folder in a private message for the review. We will review the details and update you the the next course of action.

Thanks,

Ashish.

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Rahul.r
Maker

Hi.. I just checked now... There is no such folder in the location. I dint change installation location path. 

In that box Appdynamics package is not installed I guess.. But i installed the nuget package and published the cloud service. 

What could be wrong??

Raunak.Mohanty
AppDynamics Team (Retired)

Which folder do you not see ? Is it "ProgramData" folder ? AppDynamics/DotNetAgent folder which are suppose to be under"ProgramData" folder ?

Thanks,

Raunak

In D:\ProgramData the Appdynamics folder does not exist..

In the installed programs list Appdynamics is not there.

Hi vsselvaraj,

"ProgramData" folder is a hidden folder inside the "D: drive".

Can you please check and confirm if you see the folder as per the screenshot attched (DotNetAgent_folder.png). if yes. Kindly send the folder as a private message.

If you do not find the folder in this location, Could you please verify and confirm. To deploy the WebRole ( Azure cloud service ) , did you uncheck the checkbox while installing and configuring the nuget packege on the visual studio ? Screenshot attched for your reference ( WebRole.png).

Also kindly verify and send the adInstall.log file which is located under the D: drive.

Please let us know, if you have any question.

Thanks

Ashish.

Rahul.r
Maker

Thanks.. I dint uncheck the Azure web app checkbox.. Now it got installed and is perfectly reporting..!