Latest Release

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Health rules against baseline=0 or baseline standard deviation=0

Producer

Re: Health rules against baseline=0 or baseline standard deviation=0

Jeannie, thanks for the general tips, but we need a real solution on this.  Has there been any progress on the specific issue?  Has anyone come up with a work around?

Yesterday my boss got 300+ SMSses due to this 0 baseline problem, luckilly I didn't get any of these SMSses as I entered my number with "+". 

Basically 0 baseline issue makes baseline comparison totally useless, and the only dirty workaround is to switch to comparison with the absolute values, which is far from ideal. 

Highlighted
New Poster

Any update on this enhancemnet request? It would be very useful for alerts like:

Average Response Time (ms)'s value 156.00 was greater than baseline-based calculated value 0.00 by 3.00 standard deviation(s) 0.00

@Moe.Saidi wrote:

It would appear that this issue is quite popular given the number of times this was asked on the community forums. 

I'm requesting an enhancement to APpDynamics Health Rules where a rule can not violate if the baseline is at 0. This could be a checkbox, or the ability to add a condition where "baseline not equal to 0" 

Has anyone tried using a different baseline measurement?
I seem to recall we had a similar issue in the past and I was able to define a new baseline with a shorter timespan (or longer in your case maybe?) that would make sure you don't have a baseline of 0.